Monday, March 24, 2008

the axe has fallen

OK, thanks to my correspondents in Clearwater, here are the cuts from earlier today:

In addition to the 8 I already gave you:

Charles Merricks
JJ Trujilo
Jamie Morales
Jean Guillen
Kirk Bascu
Philip Cuevas
Jermaine Williams
Jared Locke
Chris Rhoads
Daniel Schwartz
Ambiorix Rincon
Jon Forest
Nate Jeans
Nolan Mulligan
Eric Smolin
Jack Tilghman

My heartfelt thanks to Jeff Crupper for his help with this.

The work groups have been rearranged and it appears Penprase and Doug Morales are bound for Clearwater, not returning to Lakewood as I said earlier.

There are still too many bodies on the Phillies major league roster and each work group is still between 3 and 6 heavy, so there will be last minute cuts and shuffling to come.

Among the surprises to me (and the Phils surprise me every year) John Urick stays with Clearwater, and Tim Gradoville and Javon Moran remain at Reading.

Mike Spidale earns a spot as 4th outfielder in Lehigh Valley, joining Jason Jaramillo, JA Happ and Joe Bisenius.

As usual, most of the top prospects are starting the season at Reading.

There are 10 days until opening night in Lakewood.

No comments: