Monday, March 24, 2008

early Lakewood roster

Posts on other blogs and websites, as well as rumors floating around cyberspace tell me the following:

Lakewood will have an extremely young team in 2008, so we are getting a few guys back to show the younger guys the ropes. Among the returnees, look for closer Garrett Hill (who in my opinion, has nothing left to prove at this level and should be in Clearwater), Zack Sterner and Joel Naughton.

Also appearing destined to start the campaign in Lakewood are Michael Durant, Terrance Warren, D'Arby Myers, Freddy Galvis, Travis Mattair, Dominic Brown, Julian Sampson, Drew Naylor, Jesus Sanchez, and CBA graduate Kyle Slate.

I would also not be surprised to see Zack Penprase and Doug Morales return to the fold.

With only 10 days to go until opening night, and many of today's cuts still unknown to me, this is as far as I can go with this. One name you do not see is Phillies #1 pick Joe Savery, who it seems is heading straight to the Threshers. As camp draws to a close, I will remain vigilant!!

Stay tuned, HomeSiders!!

No comments: