Sunday, June 22, 2008

Miller to Lakewood;Segovia signs with Nats

Jay Miller has been transferred from Clearwater to Lakewood. Jay played most of 2007 for Lakewood and was hitting .301 for the Threshers this year. It was a numbers game, with Michael Taylor going to Clearwater, something had to give with the Thresher's outfielders. Miller cannot be happy, nor would I expect him to be, but what can he (we) do except play (root for him) hard.

milb.com is experiencing some problems this morning and I cannot get on, but I received an e-mail from Zack Segovia telling me he has signed with the Nationals and is NOT giving up the chase for a major league career. In his words, he is too close and has fought too hard to get healthy again to give up now. I applaud this attitude. When I determine where he gets assigned, I will post it here.

No comments: