Monday, August 31, 2009

Maloney recalled; Carrasco to make debut

Matt Maloney was recalled by the Cincinnati Reds and pitched against the Dodgers Saturday night. Matt did not pitch badly, but suffered the loss, allowing 5 runs on 8 hits over 6 innings. He has been plagued by the long ball, giving up 2 more home runs Saturday, for a total of 8 in 23 major league innings this year. I have to admit, the timing of the call-up was curious to me, with Louisville on the verge of the IL playoffs, and Maloney being a mainstay in the Bats' rotation.

The Cleveland Indians have announced that both Carlos Carrasco and Lou Marson will be called up to the big team Tuesday, with Carrasco being slated to make his debut Tuesday night in Detroit against then Tigers.

I will not try to catch up on the all the weekend action that I missed being out of town, but I will mention that Anthony Gose stole #74 in Lakewood's 8-3 loss to Lake County on Sunday.

No comments: