Saturday, June 16, 2012

Rosenberg sent back to Pigs

In what appears to be a response to Carlos Ruiz' injury, the Phillies recalled catcher Eric Kratz from Lehigh Valley, and returned BJ Rosenberg to the IronPigs.  So far, Ruiz has not been put on the DL, but we shall see...

I have 2 points going around in my head to share.

1. I think Charlie Manuel blew it in Rosenberg's debut by sending him back out after a 1-2-3 1st inning.  Brian seemed to really relax after that first frame was over and was never able to crank it back up to that level in the next frame.  Why wouldn't you take him out and have him have a positive feeling in his major league debut?  I would have.

2. Hasn't Tuffy Gosewisch earned one of these call-ups?  I know Schneider is going to catch most of the innings, but why is Kratz more deserving than Tuffy?

Inquiring minds want to know.......

No comments: